Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Saw Wonder Woman

June 2017. Saw Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins, 2017). I'd only been waiting for it for a few decades. So, of course, I had high expectations. My first problem with this movie is that it was sold to us as a feminist movie. Usually, a movie comes out, and then feminists decide if it's a feminist movie or not. Oh, wait, that was in the modern age, right? Then again, it was up to viewers to determine if if was a second-wave or a third-wave feminist movie (those who were prepared to agree that it was indeed feminist). My second problem with this movie is that Diana never stops to ponder the fact that this villain is her brother. My third problem is that she forgets about protecting her secret identity once on the battlefield, with everyone yelling "Diana." I guess that will come in Wonder Woman II. Apart from that, it's not bad. Gal Gadot is quite beautiful and quite believable, Chris Pine is as cute as ever, and the actions scenes are quite entertaining. Now I want to see her falling in love with Superman (played by Henry Cavill please), never mind about Lois.

No comments: